The June issue of the Irish Walled Towns Network e-zine is now available.
In the news sections, you can read about
- The 2021 IWTN Grants,
- The Ilen sailing project,
- Heritage Council Podcast on the IWTN,
- Live theatre taking place in the shadow of the town walls of Kilmallock, Co. Limerick,
- A radio interview about the Kilkenny Town Walls,
- Irish Historic Town Atlas Annual Seminar,
- IWTN Training webinars.
Also, in this issue, Dearbhala Ledwidge, Kilkenny County Council Heritage Officer, discusses the conservation and interpretation project at Talbot’s Tower in Kilkenny City. Sharon Greene writes about Valuing Volunteers, based on the IWTN webinar held on the 25th of May, and we have an article detailing how to join the Network. Our featured member town in this issue is Bandon, Co. Cork.
If you would like to see any particular topic or aspect of walled town heritage featured in the e-zine, please do get in touch and let us know.
You can read the e-zine here. We hope you enjoy it!